Recreation Aid (Community Recreation) (Liberty)
- Announcement Number:
- Position Status:
- Flex, No Benefits
- $8.00 - Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
NON-APPROPRIATED FUND (NAF) POSITION
ANNOUNCEMENT NO: MER103420-19
POSITION TITLE: RECREATION AID (COMMUNITY RECREATION) / LIBERTY CENTER
SERIES & GRADE: NF-0189-01
SALARY: $8.00 per hour
EMPLOYEMENT CATEGORY: FLEXIBLE 0-40 HOURS WEEKLY *NO BENEFITS (varying hours and shifts) INCLUDING DAYS, NIGHTS, WEEKENDS & HOLIDAYS
LOCATION: MORALE, WELFARE, AND RECREATION, COMMUNITY RECREATION (LIBERTY CENTER), NAVAL AIR STATION, MERIDIAN, MS
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: ALL SOURCES
RELOCATION EXPENSES: NOT INCLUDED
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is assigned to the Non-Appropriated Fund (NAF) Fleet Readiness Branch; Fleet and Family Readiness (FFR) Programs; Commander, Navy Installations Command (CNIC). Incumbent performs a variety of duties in support of the Recreation Program that may include Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) special events, MWR information/resources ,command events, visiting ships or fleet support, community events, trips, tours, outings, party and picnic rental equipment, resale tickets, Library, leisure skill classes and outdoor recreation or other similar MWR recreational services including grab-n-go, bowling and movies, fitness and sports.
- Performs assigned duties and provides necessary services to authorized patrons, including general information and support of recreation and fitness programs.
- Provides information concerning facilities and operation.
- Ensures adherence to regulations, safety and security procedures.
- Assists in maintaining routine reports and/or performs clerical, custodial and/or general maintenance duties.
- Performs numerous functions in support of recreation and fitness program delivery to include inventory control, equipment inspection, restocking, point of sale system operations and cash handling.
- Operates a cash register, Point of Sale (POS) system, processes product or service transactions including equipment loan, rentals, resale, and program registration; receives payments and makes change.
- Greets patrons in person, answers the telephone, takes messages, handles customer requests, makes referrals to appropriate staff member.
- Adheres to NAVMED P-5010 sanitation requirements.
- Provides support for recreation event set up and break down.
- Knowledge of the MWR department in order to answer customer questions and/or refer customers to the appropriate activity.
- Skilled in keyboarding to include operation of point of sale systems as well as desktop computers
- Ability to perform basic computer operations.
- Ability to read and comprehend in order adhere to published rules, regulations, standard operating procedures, checklists, and other guides.
- Ability to perform basic custodial tasks (e.g., sweeping mopping, vacuuming, wiping, dusting, etc.).
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations (e.g., addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
- Ability to identify customer needs, deliver expected service and/or resolve routine customer issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Work may require sitting, walking, long periods of standing, bending and lifting of moderately heavy items up to 40 pounds without assistance and occasional lifting of heavier items with assistance.
A high school diploma or GED is preferred.
Work schedule is flexible and will vary as required by the needs of the program to include night, weekend, and holiday shifts as well as split days off.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a National Agency Check with Written Inquires (NACI), upon hiring and renew every 5 years and/or a Child Care Agency Check with inquires when there is regular contact with children under the age of 18.
Must have or be able to obtain and maintain the following certification within 90 days of hire:
- Emergency First Responder or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Food Handlers
- C.A.R.E. (Controlling Alcohol Risks Effectively)
Occasional travel of less than 10% may be required.
Some positions have special requirements. Selection may be tentative pending the completion of the satisfactory employment reference checks and receipt of proof of education (where applicable). Selectee may be required to complete a one (1) year probationary period. Participation in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer within the first 30 days of employment is required. We utilize E-Verify to confirm selectee’s eligibility to work in the United States. Salary is dependent on experience and/or education. For positions requiring travel more than twice per year, selectee will be required to obtain and maintain in good standing a Government-issued Travel Card for official government travel purposes.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED
All resumes will be reviewed to determine if they meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement, and will be rated based on the information provided in the resume to determine the level of knowledge, skill, and ability, related to the job requirements. Using the qualifications of the position, a predetermined rating criterion of knowledge, skills, and abilities will be used for each resume. Best-qualified applicants will be referred to the hiring manager. The selecting official may choose to conduct interviews. It is the applicant’s responsibility to verify all the information in their resume and documents; Human Resources will not modify documents submitted by an applicant. All qualifications must be met by the closing date of this announcement and clearly documented in the resume. Please ensure that your resume or application contains all the information requested in the vacancy announcement along with any supporting documents, or your application may not be considered. Where a first cut-off date is indicated, a selection may be made from the resumes/applications received as of the specified first cut-off date. Completed applications (resume, supporting documentation, etc.) must be received by 11:59pm Central Time on the cut-off/closing date unless specified different. If more than one resume is received, only the last resume received will be reviewed.
The time period of eligibility for spousal preference begins 30 days before the military member's reporting date at a new duty station outside of the current duty station's commuting area and applies without time restriction except that spouses seeking preference with less than six months time remaining in the area may be non-selected. Spousal Preference forms can be located online at www.navymwrmeridian.com. You MUST attach spouse preference application for each position you are applying for. Attach a copy of spouse’s PCS orders and copy of marriage license/certificate.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT
Please ensure that your application/resume contains all the information requested in the vacancy announcement. If your resume or application does not provide all the information requested on this form and in the job vacancy announcement, you may lose consideration for the job. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. If selected for an interview, applicants can expect to be contacted 1-3 weeks after their interview with a position offer or notification of non-selection. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we regret we are not able to respond individually in writing to all applicants who are not selected for interviews for our positions.
Flexible employees are not eligible to participate in the CNIC benefit programs, nor are they entitled to earn or use leave including military leave, court leave, sick or annual leave. A flex employee is one who serves in either a continuing or temporary (time limited) position, on a scheduled or unscheduled (as needed or intermittent) basis, up to 40 hours per week.
HOW TO APPLY
All interested applicants should submit their NAF Employment Application or resume to MWR Personnel Office or by mail or fax to: Morale, Welfare and Recreation, 255 Rosenbaum Ave. Suite 238, Naval Air Station Meridian, MS 39309. Tel: (601) 679-2467; fax: (601) 679-2640. Apply in person Monday - Friday at NAS Meridian Pass & Tag Office, 6:30AM- 3:00PM *Self-service (Drop off application/resume, pick up NAF Employment Application, review job announcements). Applications or resumes may be emailed to email@example.com. EMAILS MUST HAVE JOB ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER IN THE SUBJECT LINE-Failure to do so will result in your email being considered SPAM. To view all MWR NAS Meridian job vacancies, please visit www.navymwrmeridian.com .
- NAF Employment Application or Resume
- Include name and contact information for at least three (3) professional references in your resume or NAF employment application
- OF-306 https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf
- SECNAV 5512/1
- Proof of education (transcripts/copy of degree/high school diploma/certifications), if applicable to position requirements.
- Reemployment Priority List (RPL): Qualifying separated employees shall have priority placement in the NAF activity from which they were separated as a result of a Business Based Action (BBA), when the position has substantially the same duties as the position from which they were separated and it is not a higher grade or employment category, provided the position is not being filled by an internal candidate.
To claim this preference, you MUST:
-Submit a copy of your BBA Separation
-Notification indicating eligibility for RPL.
- Military Spouse Preference (MSP): Qualifying spouses eligible for MSP are spouses of an active duty military member of the U.S. Armed Forces, including members of the National Guard or Reserves on active duty. The marriage must have occurred before the military member received official permanent change of station (PCS) orders to the installation listed above. MSP is applicable only when applying for NAF positions at the NF-03 and below and equivalent craft and trade (CT) positions.
To claim this preference, you MUST:
-Submit sponsor’s PCS orders to installation you are applying for; AND
-If you are not indicated as a spouse on the PCS orders, you MUST submit proof of marriage prior to PCS.
- Veteran’s Preference/Gold Star Veteran's Preference: Qualifying military veterans and spouses/parents of deceased veterans shall be given employment preference over non-preference applicants if they are equally qualified. Preference applicable for positions open to external candidates.
To claim Veteran's preference, you MUST:
-Submit a copy of your DD-214 (member 4 copy); AND
-Submit completed SF15 from the Veterans Administration (VA); AND
-Submit any other supporting documentation (disability, official statements, proof of service, etc.).
To claim Gold Star Veteran's preference, you MUST:
-Submit completed SF-15 from the Veterans Administration (VA); AND
-Submit a legible copy of DD-1300; AND
-Submit any other supporting documentation (official statements, document of service, court decree, etc.).
***QUALIFIYING APPLICANTS WITH PREFERENCES ARE CONSIDERED IN THE ORDER LISTED ABOVE. THEN ALL OTHER QUALIFYING APPLICANTS ARE CONSIDERED. FAILURE TO PROVIDE ALL OF THE REQUIRED AND APPLICABLE DOCUMENTS MAY RESULT IN YOU BEING DISQUALIFIED
- If you are a current federal employee, submit your most recent Personnel Action Report (PAR) or SF-50.
- If you are a current federal employee, submit your last three evaluations.
ATTENTION: FAILURE TO PROVIDE ALL OF THE REQUIRED AND APPLICABLE DOCUMENTS MAY RESULT IN YOU BEING DISQUALIFIED.
Some positions have special requirements. In these cases selection is tentative pending satisfactory completion of these requirements. Applicants may be required to provide proof of education, etc. All selections are contingent upon the obtaining satisfactory employment reference checks.
We are an E-Verify participant.
Employment subject to successful National Agency Background Check. Must have or be eligible for secret clearance.
As a condition of employment, the selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer within the first 30 days of employment.
Occupants of this position must maintain the privacy of official work information and data and demonstrate the highest level of ethical conduct.
The Department of Navy is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor.